We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
• You will be greeted courteously
• You have a right to confidentiality
• You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
• You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent
• You will be seen by your doctor of choice whenever possible
• You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment
• You will receive appropriate information about your condition and treatment
• Your medical condition will be managed to the highest standards
• You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary
• You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment
• Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request (72 hours if it is delivered to a chemist)
• Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly
Your responsibility to us:
• To treat all members of staff with courtesy and respect.
• Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself
• Tell us of any change of name or address, so that our records are accurate
• Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate.
• Home visits should only be requested if you are bed bound and really too ill to attend surgery. Try to ring before 11.00.
• Please cancel your appointment in advance if you are unable to attend
• Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency
• Please appreciate that the reception desk is a busy one and staff will be dealing with many tasks
• Please make sure that your mobile phone is switched off when in the surgery.
• Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the results of any tests to reach us. You will be advised of the usual length of time to wait
• Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you
• We would, of course, be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due as well